Welcome to the Advantages of Time Management article, this article contains a few reasons why time management is important and how it plays a role in achieving the life you want. For more articles on time management please go to the time management page
We have talked about the advantages of goal setting here (LINK) but what about the advantages of time management? Why is it important to manage your time, and how’s it going to get you anywhere. Here are some advantages of time management that you should keep in mind.
1. Life Management – As I said here time management is life management. Time is the only thing we have. Time does not care if you are being lazy and unproductive; it’s going to pass anyway. So it’s up to you to decide how you are going to use your time.
2. Control – Once of the biggest advantages of time management is that it gives you control over your life. You are no longer swamped by the demands of work, family, and personal needs. You have the right principles to allocate your time correctly and effectively. Once you have control, you don’t let obstacles get in the way of your progress.
3. Reduce Stress – When you allocate your time appropriately, you know that everything that needs to be done, will be done. You are no longer plagued by incoming tasks, and the stress of meeting deadlines. The biggest advantage of time management is that it will reduces stress dramatically. Work causes most of our stress, once you get a handle on that, a stress free life is waiting for you on the other side.
4. Time with loved ones – Imagine if you could not come back to see your loved ones because you had to stay late to finish your work. What a horrible feeling to have, if you are in this situation now, I highly encourage you to start taking time management seriously. If you manage your time correctly, even if you use one principle of time management, that can have a massive effect on your output. Never let work take over, spending time with loved ones.
5. Productivity – Once you implement time management principles into your daily life, your productivity will soar through the roof. One causes the other, and it’s a natural progression.
6. Get’s you to the fun stuff – Most people are stuck in a job that they don’t like or are passionate about. It’s a job that “pays the bills.” If you implement time management principles into your work life, you will be able to complete your work faster, and then have plenty of time to do the fun stuff. To be honest, time management is boring, there really is nothing fun and fancy about it, what keeps me going are my goals and dreams. But, the only way for me to have time to work on my goals and dreams, is to use time management and get the work that I need to do out of the way. Think of time management to help you manage daily, weekly and monthly tasks. Beyond that, you are in the area of goals and dreams. Don’t get me wrong, you still need to use time management, it’s not something that goes away once you have everything in place, but it sure makes life easier.
7. Achieving goals – Goals is where it’s at. If you want to be successful in life you have to set and achieve goals. Not small, insignificant goals, but big goals – dreams. Goals that will get you to places and will get you doing what you love. Want to travel the world? Backpack across Europe? Ski in the Austrian mountains? Those are big dreams. In order to achieve them, you need to set measurable goals. In order to take action on your goals you need to have a good foundation – which starts with time management.
8. Energy – It’s scientifically proven that exercise gives your brain and body energy. Sadly, most people don’t have time for exercise because of poor time management skills. Get your time management in order to have time to devote to your health. Because without good health, you won’t be able to achieve any of your dreams.
9. Eliminates Procrastination – another big advantage of time management is that it reduces procrastination. Many authors will tell you that you can eliminate procrastination with their techniques. Trust me, you can’t. Procrastination is a natural thing, and yes sometimes it pops up at the wrong time, but that needs to be used as a sign to maybe take a small break. If you don’t have time management in your life, procrastination will slowly eat away at you, and you will soon find that you haven no reason to get out of bed in the morning. A little procrastination is ok, it’s human, but if you let it go unchecked it can turn harmful. With time management you can severely lessen the extent to which procrastination has a grip on you.
10. Achievement in your hands – Realize that achieving things is totally in your hands, and don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. Once you realize this, and have the time management principles to work with, you will become unstoppable.
Look at your life now, and see if you could use some of these advantages of time management. Do you have any other tips on time management to share. Don’t be shy, share below.